Friday, June 1, 2018Microbiomics and immunology
Neonatal microbiome and immunology
Barbara Warner (USA)
Gut microbiota: "Agent provocateur" in chronic inflammatory diseases
Benoit Chassaing (USA)
PLENARY SESSIONS highlighting specific Paediatric Infectious Diseases topics/breaking news with outstanding speakers.
MEET THE PROFESSOR SESSIONS covering a broad range of Paediatric Infectious Diseases topics, each chaired by senior experts in an interactive setting.
INTERACTIVE CASE SESSION on clinical aspects of diagnosis and therapy of paediatric infectious diseases. Internationally recognised experts will prepare, present and discuss case reports of children with common or unusual infectious diseases.
WALTER MARGET EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOP
Every year ESPID sponsors an educational workshop for 50 trainees at the Annual Meeting. The workshop is clinically oriented and interaction between trainees and faculty is strongly encouraged. The goals and objectives are:
- To discuss, in depth, management of infectious diseases in children
- To promote best clinical practice for management of paediatric infections
- To give trainees the opportunity to present clinical cases of infections for discussion
- To enable trainees to meet experts in the field as well as colleagues from other countries and share their experiences
The workshop is by invitation only. For details and to apply, please visit www.espid.org
ESPID RESEARCH MASTERCLASS
The ESPID research Masterclass (ERMC) is a seminar type of forum for active paediatric infectious disease groups in Europe. The aims are:
- To provide opportunity to young researchers to present their studies and discuss with other junior researchers, as well as with senior investigators from ESPID
- To provide participants with a broad overview of current research projects within ESPID
- To enhance opportunities for future collaboration between groups.
For more information on the selection criteria and application process, please visit www.espid.org
BILL MARSHALL LECTURE & AWARD offered by ESPID to one of its senior members for their contributions to PID in general and to ESPID in particular.
NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES including the Opening Ceremony and Welcome Reception, the ESPID Annual Member and Invited Faculty Dinner, and the ESPID Networking Event.
WE-MeetNew to the ESPID Meeting this year, a dedicated area of the exhibition hall will be available to participants to hold meetings with colleagues. This seating area will be situated behind the ESPID booth and a staff member will be present to facilitate with scheduling.