Get Ready for ESPID 2020
We have compiled the following tips to help you navigate the virtual meeting and make the most of your experience!
- The best internet browser to access the Virtual Meeting is Google Chrome
- Don’t be afraid to click and explore the venue! At the Virtual Meeting Platform, clicking on text and display screens will often take you to further information and features
- Set up your profile picture in the networking lounge. This will help your colleagues to recognize your profile in the lounge.
- Browse the E-Poster Gallery during the conference. The abstract authors are available to answer questions and collaborate with you during the conference dates.
- Join the Meeting sessions’ Q&A online chats
- Make the most of the virtual exhibition area. Our industry partners will have booth reps waiting to chat and content available for download to your virtual bag; a quick way to save information of interest and email documents to yourself.
How to master the Virtual Meeting?
- Be Prepared
Prepare your virtual attendance in advance. Block your calendar, mark the sessions you want to view live, prepare your questions, save some time for networking and interaction. Contact people you want to meet at the Meeting early on.
- Be Equipped
Set yourself up for success – find a comfortable spot with stable internet connection, test your speakers, microphone and camera, and minimise distractions, such as loud notifications and unrelated tabs on your screen.
- Be Aware
There is so much to do at the online meeting! Make sure you are aware of all platform tools – the live sessions and Q&A, chat, E-Posters Gallery, Virtual Exhibition – and engage with science, people, and innovation.
- Be Presentable
During the online meeting, people may be watching you – especially if you present or take part in video chats. Make sure you have a background and outfit you are happy with. And don’t forget to smile 🙂
- Be Truly There
Now is the best time to learn. Now that the event is taking place, do as you would if you were in the Meeting venue – block your calendar, take a seat and dive into the experience. Your household tasks can wait!