Vaccines at ESPID
The scientific programme at ESPID 2020 will cover all aspects of vaccines and vaccinology.
Join us in Rotterdam and get all the information you need on the topic of vaccines.
Adam Finn on "Vaccines at ESPID"
Vaccines at ESPID 2020 – Programme Highlights
ESPID OPENING PLENARY SYMPOSIUM 1 – OPPORTUNITIES IN INFECTIOUS DISEASES: THE GLORY OF PREVENTION!
- Welcome by Local Organising Committee
- Current challenges for public health – Marion Koopmans, The Netherlands
- Vaccines to protect newborns and infants from dying – Keith Klugman, USA
SYMPOSIUM 3 – MATERNAL VACCINATION
- Recent developments in maternal vaccination – Elke Leuridan, Belgium
- Implementation of maternal immunization programmes – Philip Lambach, Switzerland
SYMPOSIUM 6 – IMMUNITY AND VACCINES
- The non-specific effects of neonatal BCG vaccination – trials and tribulations – Nigel Curtis, Australia
- Heterologous effects of vaccines: the impact of trained immunity – Mihai Netea, The Netherlands
SYMPOSIUM 7 – SHOTS AT STAKE – MEDICAL INTERACTIONS ON VACCINATION
- Narratives to reduce antivax – José Sanders, The Netherlands
- TBA – Jennifer Reif, USA
PLENARY 4 – THINK GLOBALLY, ACT LOCALLY: STRATEGIES TO DECREASE MATERNAL AND NEONATAL INFECTIONS IN LOW AND MIDDLE INCOME COUNTRIES
- Maternal and child/neonatal health in LMIC – Malaria Clara Menendez, Spain
- Maternal vaccination in developing countries – Shabir Madhi, South Africa
ESWI/ESPID JOINT SESSION – INFLUENZA
- Immunisation – the vision for the coming decade – Katherine O’Brien, USA
To learn more about these sessions and more, view the full scientific programme.