Young ESPID Highlights
YOUNG ESPID ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Learn about new developments in the society particularly relevant for you. Information regarding awards, the research master class, courses and updates regarding EAP/UEMS training requirements will be presented. Use this opportunity to share your thoughts and ideas while meeting other Young ESPID members! Attending the Young ESPID AGM accounts for an ESPID good standing point.
WALTER MARGET EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOP
Every year ESPID sponsors an educational workshop for 50 trainees at the Annual Meeting. The workshop is clinically oriented and interaction between trainees and faculty is strongly encouraged. The goals and objectives are:
- To discuss, in depth, management of infectious diseases in children
- To promote best clinical practise for management of paediatric infections
- To give trainees the opportunity to present clinical cases of infections for discussion
- To enable trainees to meet experts in the field as well as colleagues from other countries and share their experiences
The workshop is by invitation only. For details and to apply, please click here.
ESPID RESEARCH MASTERCLASS
The ESPID research Masterclass (ERMC) is a seminar type of forum for active paediatric infectious disease groups in Europe. The aims are:
- To provide opportunities to young researchers to present their studies and discuss with other junior researchers, as well as with senior investigators from ESPID
- To provide participants with a broad overview of current research projects within ESPID
- To enhance opportunities for future collaboration between groups.
For more information on the selection criteria and application process, please click here.
MEET THE EXPERT SESSIONS
Young ESPID members coordinate the meet the expert sessions each morning at ESPID covering a broad range of topics. Cases are presented by Young ESPID members that are then reviewed by senior experts through an interactive format with all session participants. For more information on Meet the Expert sessions, please click here.
YOUNG ESPID SYMPOSIUM
Young ESPID Symposium will be held on Thursday, May 28 between 08:30 and 10:00.
ESPID 2020’s Young ESPID Symposium will be a debate on controversies on pediatric infectious diseases (exact topic TBC) where both speakers and coordinators will be Young ESPID members.