We will aim to bring together world-known experts and researchers with people interested in prevention, diagnosis, management, and care of children with the entire spectrum of infectious diseases. We have all recently experienced however, that paediatric infectious diseases go beyond microorganisms and we must bridge with other fields to better understand and influence the impact of disease.
We therefore hope the meeting will inspire you to mentally cross new frontiers. ESPID 2021 will provide an excellent opportunity to exchange knowledge and to generate new ideas with colleagues in a fun, innovative, and intellectually stimulating way.
*Updated 31 March 2021*
PLENARY SESSIONS highlight specific Paediatric Infectious Diseases topics/breaking news with outstanding speakers.
MEET THE EXPERT SESSIONS cover a broad range of Paediatric Infectious Diseases topics, each chaired by senior experts in an interactive setting where you vote your way though the session and have an open dialogue with the experts.
INTERACTIVE CASE SESSION on clinical aspects of diagnosis and therapy of paediatric infectious diseases. Internationally recognised experts will prepare, present and discuss case reports of children with common or unusual infectious diseases.
RESEARCH SESSIONS are designed to support new research groups.
WALTER MARGET EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOP
Every year ESPID sponsors an educational workshop for 50 trainees at the Annual Meeting. The workshop is clinically oriented and interaction between trainees and faculty is strongly encouraged. The goals and objectives are:
- To discuss, in depth, management of infectious diseases in children
- To promote best clinical practice for management of paediatric infections
- To give trainees the opportunity to present clinical cases of infections for discussion
- To enable trainees to meet experts in the field as well as colleagues from other countries and share their experiences
The workshop is by invitation only. For details and to apply, please click here
ESPID RESEARCH MASTERCLASS
The ESPID research Masterclass (ERMC) is a seminar type of forum for active paediatric infectious disease groups in Europe. The aims are:
- To provide opportunity to young researchers to present their studies and discuss with other junior researchers, as well as with senior investigators from ESPID
- To provide participants with a broad overview of current research projects within ESPID
- To enhance opportunities for future collaboration between groups.
For more information on the selection criteria and application process, please click here
BILL MARSHAL LECTURE & AWARD is offered by ESPID to one of its senior members for their contributions to PID in general and to ESPID in particular.
NETWORKING EVENTS include the Opening Ceremony and Welcome Reception, the ESPID Annual Member and Invited Faculty Dinner, and the ESPID Networking Event.