Social Media Guide
Tips to get you started at #ESPID2022
The beginner's guide to social media
What to share?
- Share you are attending EPSID 2022. Tell your friends what you are most excited about the Meeting and invite them to join you in Athens or online
- Promote your poster, encourage your colleagues to see you present, and ask you questions
- Share thoughts and insights from the sessions and discuss in real time
How to share?
We have a dedicated hashtag for ESPID 2022 to make discovering and discussion even easier. Make sure to use #ESPID2022 to engage the #PedsID community. Or take a selfie and join the ESPID Photo Contest by using the #myESPID hashtag.
You can freshen your social media profile by using the ESPID branded cover photos, Facebook frames, and post templates. To download our social media toolkit, please click on the button below.
How to create a social media profile?
You want to join the discussion but you don’t have a social media profile yet? Wondering where to start or what to do?
Our detailed guide below will help you follow the conversation around #ESPID2022 across all platforms.
What happens on ESPID’s social media channels before, during and after a meeting?
The ESPID social media channels:
- Provide all ESPID related information, announcements, and deadlines, keeping you in the loop of the latest developments on a daily basis – we make sure you don’t miss a thing about it!
- Are there for you always to answer any questions regarding ESPID.
- Create an international online community by means of gathering everybody interested in ESPID related information!
- Gather people like YOU – we are thereby able to create and maintain this connection between yourself and your like-minded colleagues from all around the world – Join us – we need you and your work to improve children’s health 😊 – especially DURING the ESPID Meeting days – we create and maintain an all-day online conversation throughout all ESPID social media channels.
- Provide latest updates and Meeting highlights, videos, and interviews with speakers PLUS interactions with other participants. A chance for broader discussions post-meeting.
For these and many other reasons, you NEED to be part of ESPID’s social media world!
Be sure to connect with us on:
The #ESPID2022 hashtag and #myESPID hashtags
Stay connected and make the most out of this online experience!
Make sure that you include our hashtags to your posts – then make sure you follow these hashtags in the social media’s search bars, so you get the latest developments and updates from ourselves and your colleagues attending #ESPID2022 with you in real-time!
What is a hashtag, How to “hashtag” and why include them in your social media posts?
- A hashtag or this symbol “#” as it is more commonly known has become an integral part of social media.
- A hashtag is a label for content. It helps others who are interested in a certain topic, quickly find content on that same topic.
- Hashtags make it easier for you to discover posts around specific topics.
- They’re not just for Twitter anymore, either. Hashtags are effective on other social media platforms too. (Find more details on how to use hashtags for each platform below.)
How to use hashtags effectively:
- They always start with # but they won’t work if you use spaces, punctuation or symbols.
- Including hashtags in your posts means taking part in a conversation happening on that social media platform. And most importantly, it makes your posts visible in that conversation!
- For example, if you use #ESPID2022 on your Twitter posts, everybody who follows that hashtag will see your recent post in their feed. You might gain some new followers this way as well – and thereby, connect with ESPID-interested colleagues worldwide!
How to use and follow the ESPID hashtags:
#ESPID2022 – this is the official ESPID 2022 Meeting hashtag. Use it for all your Meeting-related posts/tweets.
- Click here to see all posts using #ESPID2022 on Twitter
- Click here to see all posts using #ESPID2022 on Facebook
- Click here to see all posts using #ESPID2022 on LinkedIn
#myESPID– use it to enter our photo contest with your photo! No need to include it in your regular posts
- Click here to see posts with #myESPID on Twitter
- Click here to see posts with #myESPID on Facebook
- Click here to see posts with #myESPID on LinkedIn
#ESPID2022 #PedsID #paediatrics #PaediatricInfectiousDiseases – for ALL general ESPID updates
Some easy ways to share information about the Meeting with your network:
- Live tweet from sessions, meetings and the exhibition. Be sure to mention @ESPIDsociety and use the hashtag #ESPID2022.
- Share your highlights from sessions, using #ESPID2022 hashtag.
- You can also share and repost live coverage coming from the Meeting on Facebook.
- Post photos and use the hashtag #ESPID2022 on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. You can also like and share ESPID posts with your audience.
- Take a selfie and show us what is your Online Meeting set up – use both the #ESPID2022 and #myESPID hashtags in your selfie posts
- Watch and share ESPID YouTube videos.
Suggested ways to connect to other participants:
- All of the above steps!
- Follow us and stay active before, during, and after the ESPID 2022 Meeting on all social media.
The following examples of text are ready to be used in your social media channels.
- Feel free to edit these and write your own posts/tweets.
- Don’t forget to share pictures of your attendance at the ESPID 2022 Meeting
- The marked text notes are indicators of where you must add your information.
- I’ll be here in my living room for #ESPID2022, 9-13 May. Are you joining? https://espidmeeting.org/
- I am excited to be part of #ESPID2022 – Join the #PedsID community as we celebrate our collective commitment to improving children’s health by sharing best practices, knowledge, and forging international connections without boundaries! https://espidmeeting.org/
- Eager to attend the #ESPID2022 Educational CME Programme! https://espidmeeting.org/
- Looking forward to sharing my work with colleagues and experts in the field at this year’s exciting #ESPID2022. – Join me! – https://espidmeeting.org/
- Thrilled to be a part of #ESPID2022, happening in just [NUMBER] days. Join us in Athens or from the comfort of your home! – https://espidmeeting.org/
- All set for the #ESPID2022 Meeting! Really looking forward to [insert one or two sessions]. https://espidmeeting.org/
- I am attending #ESPID2022 and have just listened to some interesting updates in the field! Have you joined us yet? – https://espidmeeting.org/