Meet The Expert Sessions
Interactive & Case-Based Discussions
ESPID 2023’s Meet the Expert Sessions will consist of interactive case-based discussions with one or two expert discussants together with a coordinator and selected presenters who will present and discuss cases on a topic of interest. The experts may frequently use case reports with questions regarding diagnosis and management, usually chosen from ESPID 2023 abstract submission.
Do I need to pre-register for Meet the Expert sessions?
There is no need to register for a Meet the Expert (MTE) Session. If the room is full you may need to choose to attend a different session.
Meet the Expert Topics and Presenters
- MEET THE EXPERT 1: Clinical Signs and Point of Care Testing to Guide Management of Febrile Children in the ED
- MEET THE EXPERT 2: Management of Tuberculosis in Children and Adolescents
- MEET THE EXPERT 3: Challenging Meningitis Cases
- MEET THE EXPERT 4: Rickettsial Diseases
- MEET THE EXPERT 5: Management of COVID-19
- MEET THE EXPERT 6: Management of Severe Group A Strep Infections
- MEET THE EXPERT 7: Management of Infections in The Immunocompromised Host
- MEET THE EXPERT 8: The Child with Fever Returning from Travelling – Top Tips for Paediatric Travel Medicine
- MEET THE EXPERT 9: Enterovirus and Parechovirus Infections
- MEET THE EXPERT 10: Sexually Transmitted Infections – Current Challenges
- MEET THE EXPERT 11: Short Course of Antibiotics
- MEET THE EXPERT 12: Diagnosis of Fungal Infections in Children
- MEET THE EXPERT 13: Admission and Discharge Decision Making in Acute Respiratory Infections
- MEET THE EXPERT 14: Multidrug Resistant Bacterial Infections
- MEET THE EXPERT 15: Challenging Cases of Neonatal Infection
- MEET THE EXPERT 16: How to Manage Severe Skin and Soft Tissue Infections